Adding a new template:
· Choose a name and click on Save.
· Then click on edit, and add tasks to it.
· The screen shot here shows many templates that have already been created.
Edit Existing Templates:
· After every change to tasks please assess if you would like to have these changes applied to only new jobs or all existing jobs.
· Before you start adding a task, please refer to your workflow and make sure that the change that you are about to make would not affect the logic of your workflow.
· You can add new task by clicking on ‘Add new item’. Set an order number up, to decide where in the task list would you see this task. Click on save.
· In order for that task to be planned at the right time, you will have to configure this template more.
Editing or Configuring Tasks:
· You can change the
o Task Name
o Order number
o Summary: This is used for the reporting purposes, to choose a summary from the drop-down here you will have to create a Summary first. By going to Administratorà Companyà Summaries (See Meta Data of User manuals).
o Milestones: This is used for the reporting purposes, to choose a milestone from the drop-down here you will have to create a Summary first. By going to Administratorà Companyà Summaries (See Meta Data Section of User manuals).
o Stage: This is used for the reporting purposes, to choose a summary from the drop-down here you will have to create a Stage first. By going to Administratorà Companyà Stages (See Meta Data Section of User manuals). When you look at your current jobs list, this will also help you identify where a job is at. More than one tasks can have a single stage. (Make sure the stages do not overlap each other).
o Resource Code: This would be the Resource that will be doing this task. (See screen shot). You will have to first set the resources up by going to Resourcesà Resource Codes (See Meta Data Section of User manuals n).
You will also have to link these resource codes to users. In the example below only users with the Resource code ‘Preconstruction Admin’ will be able to accept and complete this task.
o Resource Assignment: You can assign this task to a specific person if you wish. Example: If you have only 1 ‘Preconstruction Admin’ in your organisation, you are better off assigning this task to him/her directly, rather than him/her having to accept this task every time.
· Instructions and Duration: If you need to add instruction or duration to any specific task in a template, you can do it here. These instructions will show up on the specific task in every job.
· Baseline: By choosing the option mentioned below, you can ensure that the system will run the forecast for this job starting from this job (i.e considering this job to be the first task of this job)
Choosing ‘Update Estimated Complete On Forecast’ tells the system that this is the last task.
Appointments and Precedents:
· Task Linking : A task can be a Free, Appointment or Key task (refer to the Calls sheet definition section).
o If this is a key task, you will have to add an appointment from the list appointments. (Usually Booking Tasks)
o If this is a Appointment task you will have to choose a key task or parent task to which this is linked to (from the drop-down that will appear when you choose Appointment type). You can also add delta days which defines the delay between the Key and Appointment tasks. (Usually Meeting or Appointment Tasks)
· Precedents: Choose from the drop down all the tasks that has to be completed for this specific task to be planned (allowed to be worked on)
· Flex Fields: This is where you can add the questions that need to be asked in this task. To choose the question or checklist from the drop-down, you will have to first create the flex field from Administrator à Company à Flex Fields (Refer to the Meta Data Section of User manuals ).
· Events: Under Events you can add operations like ‘After completion of this task change the contract status to ‘Active’ etc ’. As provided in the example below.
· Another example of setting up events.
· This section lets you send notification emails to the Internal staff or Client.
Apply Template items:
· This section allows you to make changes to existing jobs.
· Update changes to Jobs will update any changes made in the template to any job that is not Closed or Cancelled
· Insert New Tasks, if you have created a new task, a base item needs to be specified this is so the system knows which jobs to add the task to eg. if you create a new task "pour slab" and the job is at Lock-up stage. you do not want to add this task in, as the job has progressed past this point.