This section will briefly describe certain access management techniques used in ClickHome3. The security settings can only be changed by a user with admin rights.There are a number of "Standard" security roles with different levels of access, which help manage the permissions. A few of the security roles that exist in Clickhome 3 are:
- Basic User
- Sales Person
- Sales Support
- Office User
- Contract Admin
- Client Liaison
As simple example of such a role is ‘Sales Support’. This role consists of ‘operation codes’ like:
- "View and edit Client details" – "By Business Unit By Region" – "leads only"
- "View, Edit and Manage Contract ( limited )" – "By Business Unit By Region" – "leads only"
- "View and edit Task details" – "By Business Unit By Region" – "leads only"
- "Marketing (Referral Source Edit)" - "By Business Unit By Region"
A user can have multiple security roles assigned to him/her.
A user, who has the following roles
- Sales Support
- Contract Administration
will be able to perform all the actions mentioned above and the rights assigned to Contract Admin as well. Every individual user can check their security roles, granted to oneself, by choosing the ‘Security’ option on the left hand pane under his/her name (as shown below). This can also be checked by the Admin when they log in as the user.
Creating, or Editing Security Roles
An Admin can assign role by following the path Administration -> Users -> Security Roles. Here a new security role can be added or preexisting security roles can be edited.
To Edit a role, Click Edit.
There are two columns here in Red
|Required Relation||Controls "How" the operation code is applied; the context|
|Operation Code||A Security Permission, e.g. "can do this"|
In the Below Sales Person role, you can see the permissions are being applied for "Sales Person" - so the permissions will only work on jobs where the user is assigned as the Sales Person. This is called the "Job Relation". Job Relations can be set to many options, some more details below.
- Any Master Contract Role - This means the user is either a Sales Person, Supervisor, Contract Admin, Client Liaison, or Display Host on the Job (Also counts for "Additional Roles" like "Drafter" or "Cadet")
- Assigned to a task on the Contract - if the user has been assigned to a task on the job, the user will have this permission for the entire Job.
- Business Unit - The user has access to this permission within their Business Unit
- Region - The user has access to this permission within their region
The next part of the Required Relation is the Job Type. This is where you specify if the permission will apply to Leads, Preconstruction, Construction, etc
- L= Leads,
- P= Presite,
- C= Construction,
- W= Warranty,
- * = All
The next section is "Status"
- All = All Contract statuses,
- P = Pending/Inquiry ,
- A= Active,
- F= Onsite/Commited,
- M = Maintenance,
- H = Hold,
- S= Stopped ,
- C= Closed
Adding a role to a user
Go to the Users screen
Locate the user and click Detail
Expand the Security Roles section
Add the role in and Save.
Wait for the small splash screen to show before navigating away.
Note: Give it a few minutes, if it has not shown then you are OK to navigate away