It is important to have the right person or resource assigned to each task at the right time. This is one of the core functions of ClickHome. Obviously there are lots of different requirements for when and how someone can choose which resource is assigned to which task. In construction, the supervisor is assumed to have full control, but even then, some different requirements appear, such as the ability to schedule to a special supplier TBA (to be advised), or to the construction manager. In office teams such as drafting, the requirement might be for a team leader to schedule to any subordinate, or for a general manager to schedule to anyone.
In ClickHome3, the way this is managed is through the security model.
- To schedule to any external resource (not a special supplier, and not another user) - you need an operation code ScheduleToExternalSupplier = 7151
- To schedule to a resource based on a Resource Code restriction only (not restricted by Business Unit or Region) - you need ScheduletoCanDoRoleCodeUnrestricted = 7161
- To schedule to a resource based on a Resource Code restriction and also the correct Business Unit - you need ScheduleToCanDoRoleCodeBusinessUnitRestriction = 7162
- To schedule to a resource based on a Resource Code restriction and also the correct Region - you need ScheduleToCanDoRoleCodeRegionRestriction = 7163
- To schedule to a resource based on all three Resource Code, Business Unit and Region - you need ScheduleToCanDoRoleCodeBusinessUnitandRegionRestriction = 7164
- To schedule to a resource based on Business Unit - you need ScheduleToBusinessUnitRestriction = 7165
- To schedule to a resource based on Region - you need ScheduleToRegionRestriction = 7166
- To schedule to a resource based on Business Unit and Region - you need ScheduleToBusinessUnitandRegionRestriction = 7167
- To schedule to a subordinate resource - you need DelegatetoSubordinate = 7314
- To schedule to a subordinate resource based on a Resource Code restriction - you need DelegatetoSubordinateCanDoRoleCode = 7315
- To schedule to a Anyone at all DelegatetoAnyone = 7316
- To schedule to yourself, different to accept unassigned task - you need SelfDelegate = 7311
- To Schedule to someone in your department - you need delegatetodepartment = 7317
- To Delegate to another user with the same resource based on a Resource Code restriction - you need ScheduletoCanDoRoleCodeUnrestricted = 7161
There are some specific special suppliers which require specific security permissions. These are:
- To schedule to the special TBA supplier - you need AssignmentUseTBA = 7105
- To schedule to the Supervisor of the job - you need AssignmentUseSupervisor = 7106
- To schedule to the special History supplier (used mainly during go live data migration if at all) - you need AssignmentUseHistory = 7107
- To schedule to a the Senior Supervisor of the Supervisor of the job - you need AssignmentUseSeniorSupervisor = 7108
- To schedule to a resource pool for automatic allocation - you need AssignmentUseResourcePool = 7109
- To schedule to the client of the job - you need ScheduleToClient = 7152
- To schedule to the construction manager role (if configured) - you need ScheduleToConstructionManager = 7153
- To schedule to the contract admin of the job - you need ScheduleToContractAdmin = 7154
- To schedule to the client liaison of the job - you need ScheduleToClientLiaison = 7170
- To schedule to the special job rles scheduler/estimator, accounts payable, accounts receivable, prestart or drafting on the job - you need ScheduleToSpecialJobRole = 7171
- To schedule to either the council or the developer - you need ScheduleToCouncilorProperty = 7172
- To schedule to the 2nd supervisor role of the job - you need ScheduleToSupervisor2 = 7155
- To schedule to the quality control supervisor role of the job - you need ScheduleToSupervisorQC = 7156
- To schedule to the sales person of the job - you need ScheduleToSalesPerson = 7157
- To schedule to the sales manager of the job - you need to ScheduleToSalesManager = 7173
- To schedule to the display host of the display from which the job/lead originated - you need ScheduleToDisplayHost = 7158
- To schedule to the schedule to the special supplier follow on (which allocates the work to the same person that did the earlier work of the same resource code on the job) - you need ScheduleToFollowOnSupplier = 7168
- To schedule to the maintenance callback special supplier which allocates work to the same trade, supplier or subcontractor used during the construction phase of the job - you need ScheduletoMaintenanceCallback = 7169
- To schedule to one of the automatic pool allocations - you need ScheduleToAutomaticAllocation = 7159
- To schedule to one of the custom script allocations - you need ScheduleToCustomAllocation = 7160
- You want a supervisor to be able to schedule to any external supplier, as well as the contract admin, himself (or herself) and the senior supervisor. You want the supervisor to only use the correct trades for the correct job, but you don't need to worry about Business Unit or Region - you need 7151, 7161, 7106, 7154, 7108.
- You want a team leader to be able to delegate to any of their subordinates - you need 7314 and to configure the subordinates as direct subordinates of the user.
- You want a contract admin to be able to delegate to any team member in the business based on the correct resource restriction, also with multiple brands and business units, you want to divide and group your work by business unit - you need 7162, and perhaps 7314. Each team member should be configured with the correct resource codes relevant to their type of work.
On the MyTask list screen, and on the job or workflow task list, you can select multiple tasks and choose to bulk delegate them to one of your team.
Because there are many tasks, each with possibly different team and resource allocation rules, ClickHome only presents a list users subordinates, special suppliers or users with task permissions at a business unit level.
Task delegation works slightly differently to bulk delegation. Task delegation considers the resource code, and restrictions on all users in relation to that single task, and presents a more complete list using that additional information.