Important notes about this document:
- This document and the minimum requirements will change over time. We aim to minimise the impact to clients and we will put effort into avoiding unreasonable changes in requirements.
- Many factors impact how ClickHome is used, and what resources it uses at various times. See below.
- We rely other companies to provide some of the components used in ClickHome; including but not limited to Microsoft, Crystal Reports, Telerik, Apple - Changes to their systems often impacts our planning, and in order to continue development work, bug fixes and improvements we are often forced to upgrade minimum versions.
Your IT Resource will need to ensure that the technical environment that runs ClickHome is adequate and functional. Please take few moments to verify the minimum System Requirements are met by your server environment.
These requirements are for a typical ClickHome 3 Installation with a web server and a separate SQL server.
All specifications are Minimums. Additional resources and capacity should be planned in the following circumstances:
- Large number of jobs
- Multiple modules - eg Preconstruction, Construction, Leads
- Intensive use of some modules - eg Inspections, Tenders, Integration
These requirements continue to change, and upgrades to capacity and or minimum version are to be expected.
Application Server - Runs the ClickHome Software
- Multicore 2GHz
- 8GB Ram
- 10GB Disk space (for Application Installation, not included data)
- Windows Server 2012 or above
- IIS 7
- dot Net 4.7 Framework (newer version are provided by Microsoft, this is regularly upgraded)
- Document storage Diskspace - see below.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Full- SQL Express has performance and management limits - but can be used with consultation with ClickHome at set up
- Multicore 2GHz
- 16GB RAM (Varies depending on size of organisation and server configuration. You will need more than 16GB if the server is not a standalone SQL Server. 64GB is recommended for medium and large builders)
- 100GB Diskspace, plus allowance for backups
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 7 or above.
- Other clients are compatible e.g Mac with Silverlight but not guaranteed
- Apple iPad Running IOS either the current version or the immediate preceding version. eg When Apple release iOS 11, we will support iOS 10 and 11, iOS 9 support will be phased out. This often impacts older Apple Hardware for example iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad mini will not run iOS 10
- Windows Tablet (Windows 7 or above, not RT)
- Apple iPhone is not supported. See below.
- POP 3 Internal access (for call-up confirmations and failed messages)
- SMTP (Sending emails, limited cloud hosting supported)
- Crystal Reports 2008 (minimum of the run-time)
- Adobe PDF Reader
- MS Exchange 2007 SP1 (for integration only)
- For Silverlight UI, Browser Compatible with Silverlight 5 - IE 11 (Not Microsoft Edge)
- For H5 UI, valid certificate installed and site accessible over https
- Compatibility with the latest releases of devices operating systems and other integrated systems is our goal. However from time to time changes implemented by other vendors require significant planning and work to adjust to, and care should be taken when planning upgrades. If in doubt contact ClickHome Support.
- We recommend having your ClickHome Install on a separate server to the SQL Server to enhance performance. We strongly recommend Exchange to be installed on a separate server as Exchange is designed to use all available memory and can consume up to 95% of Ram, this does not leave enough RAM for ClickHome to run.
- Requirements vary from client to client. This needs to be considered in your implementation plan.
- Jobs, Inspections, Photos, Documents, Versioning - all impact storage requirements - Estimates range between 200MB and 2GB per Job.
- Even though you may have a database server newer than SQL 2008 R2, ClickHome expects and requires that the database version be specifically set to 2008 compatibility (2017 per 2020). This is also referred to as Compatibility Level 100 (140 in 2020).
More details in this article - https://sqlrus.com/2014/10/compatibility-level-vs-database-version/
ClickHome is a software development company and does not manage the configuration or set up of the environment that runs ClickHome. The ongoing responsibilities of a Client IT Resource is outlined in the Transition from Implementation to Support article.
Disclaimer: Due to the countless different ways to configure systems and third party systems installed, ClickHome endeavours to use the best standards. However sometimes system incompatibilities do occur. If an incompatibility is discovered on a client side, it is the responsibility of the client to resolve this by changing system configuration, or if required any additional work to resolve this compatibility issue by ClickHome will be deemed chargeable work.
No Support for Apple iPhone We do not sell licences for Apple iPhone, no design or testing is done on Apple iPhone. We will not fix any bugs or make any efforts to improve the use of ClickHome on the Apple iPhone. Most screens have been designed to meet functionality expected of a complex line of business application, and to make it work well, we have had to focus on the screen area available on iPads compared to iPhones.